You are here
A Vital Part of a Successful Team
VoiceNation promotes excellence in staff by making valuable contributions to the growth of each individual. All VoiceNation employees participate in continuing education by attending webinars, training events, educational sessions, and reading self-help books. It is the goal at VoiceNation to build and boost important skills that will help employees excel in all aspects of life. VoiceNation acknowledges individual talents that make up our unique and skilled team on a monthly basis.
How Are Core Values Achieved Through Staff Development Initiatives?
VoiceNation management and staff read business and personal development books once a month to craft postive customer service strategies, time management tips, and intentional career growth patterns. Staff members then submit a 1-page book report illustrating how aspects and concepts within the book relate to day to day activities in the office as well as at home.
Why is Staff Development so Important?
VoiceNation is a strong believer in the importance of continued development in reading, comprehension, and writing skills.
- 1/3 of high school graduates never read another book
- 42% of those with a college degree will never read another book after they graduate
- 80% of U.S. families did not buy a book this year.
Meanwhile, a study by the National Endowment for the Arts found that:
Good readers generally have more financially rewarding jobs.
- More than 60% of employed proficient readers have jobs in management, or in the business, financial, professional, and related sectors.
- Only 18% of basic readers are employed in those fields.
- Proficient readers are 2.5 times as likely as basic readers to be earning $850 or more a week.
At VoiceNation, we hold monthly PIE Meetings in honor of our core values- Passion, Innovation, and Excellence. It's a fun time for staff to get together and celebrate the success of our company. We review company initiatives, talk about the latest book read, share techie ideas, and best of all, receive really cool acknowledgement awards.